Monday, April 20, 2009

Cinderella's Investment Project

So last week I got one of those scam emails by a damsel in distress and I finally have an update. Instead of recapping myself, I'll just give you the original email again:


Dearest,
My dear I am writing this mail with tears and sadness and pains. I know it will come to you as a suprise since we haven't known or come across each other before, but kindly bear with me at this moment. I have a special reason why I decided to contact you. My situation at hand is miserable but I trust in God and hope you will be of my help. My name is Amani Ibrahim Bare 25years old girl and I held from Republic of Niger the daughter of Late General Ibrahim Bare Ma?nassara the former President of the Republic of Niger who was ambushed and killed by dissident soldiers at the military airport in the capital, Niamey with his driver and a former Prefect. You can see more detail about my late father here http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/9/newsid_2463000/2463927.stm

I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment which I am receiving from my step mother. She planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Father. Meanwhile I wanted to travel to Europe, but she hide away my international passport and other valuable documents. Luckily she did not discover where I kept my father's File which contained important documents. I am presently staying in the Mission camp in Burkina Faso.

I am seeking for longterm relationship and investment assistance. My father of blessed memory deposited the sum of US$11.7 Million in one bank in Burkina Faso with my name as the next of kin. I had contacted the Bank to clear the deposit but the Branch Manager told me that being a refugee, my status according to the local law does not authorize me to carry out the operation. However, he advised me to provide a trustee who will stand on my behalf. I had wanted to inform my stepmother about this deposit but I am affraid that she will not offer me anything after the release of the money. Therefore, I decide to seek for your help in transferring the money into your bank account while I will relocate to your country and settle down with you. I have my fathers death certificate and the account number which I will give you as soon as you indicated your interest to help me.

It is my intention to compensate you with 20% of the total money for your assitance and the balance shall be my investment in any profitable venture which you will recommend to me as have no any idea about foreign investment. Please all communications should be through this email address only for confidential purposes. Thanking you alot in anticipation of your quick response. I will send you my photos in my next email.'

Yours Sincerely
Amani Ibrahim Bare


Here's my reply:

Amani, That really sucks and I'd love to help. Step parents can be real jerks.
So what do you need from me? And can you send me a pic of you?


Here's The Response:

Dear Noah,
I am very excited to receive your quick answer to my plead. I need your help to stand as my trustee for transferring the money to your account for investment project. As I told you, I am staying in the mission and I haven't a personal telephone to be reached but if you wish to hear my sweet voice, you can reach me through the office telephone number of the co-ordinator of Christ De King Mission. His name is Rev. Fr. Dennis Mongolo and his office telephone number is +22678445168. If you call tell him that you want to speak with Aminata Ibrahim Bare Mainassara am staying in Block G14 female hostel.

The reason why I ask you to assist me as my trustee is because after my arrival in Burkina Faso I contacted the bank to clear the money. The bank told me that being a refugee that the law does not authorize my status to clear or transfer money. The bank manager whom I met in person told me that the only way out is that I should provide a trustee who will stand on my behalf to transfer the money into his/her bank account.

Now all I want is that I will give you the contact of the Bank and the account number and you will contact them as my appointed trustee/representative and ask them to transfer the money into your bank account for investment project. After you receive the money in your bank account you will send some amount for me to process my traveling documents to come and complete my academic studies in your country. Therefore I want you to send me Your full contact information which include:

Your name full Name
Telephone number
Contact addressNationality
Age
Occupation
Your photo to see you.

As soon as I receive the information, I will give you the contact of the Bank so that you will the bank as my trustee and ask them to transfer the money into your bank account for investment. Attached are my photos.

Yours truly,
Amani Ibrahim





I didn't think 13 Year Old Girls Could Be So Bold To Start Investment Project.

2 comments:

  1. I love replying to those emails... heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got an email from the same person calling herself Hanan Bare.

    Exact same pictures.

    ReplyDelete